As the year draws to a close, I (like so many others) like to look forward into the coming year and try to work out what to chase in the next 365 days.
2016 was a year of big events for me: Buying our house and getting married being to big two. Other than that, though, it’s been a year of staying stagnant. My fitness fell to the wayside and my financial goals were put on hold to help save for the wedding/house/honeymoon.
For the coming year I have some pretty hefty items on my list to knock out:
- Run a marathon.
- This has been one of my all-time big goals for a while now. I’ve run 4 1/2 marathons and am signed up for 3 more in this coming year (the first one on January 7th!). I’m happy to say that I’m already signed up for the Rochester Marathon in September so all I need to do is train!
- Get into shape.
- This goal is mainly for myself. I want to be in the best shape of my life as my husband and I get closer to our ‘try for children’ stage of life that will be coming up at the beginning of 2018. I just really want to be in the best health that I can be for those little ones.
- Pay off 2 out of 3 student loans.
- I’ll need to really buckle down to get them paid off, but I’m excited about the overall goal of it.
- Run 1000 miles for all of 2017.
- It should be pretty easy with 3 1/2’s and a full 🙂
- Try out a run streak!
- I’m starting today and will run at least 1 mile per day for as long as I can go.
- Try out a blog streak!
- Same idea as the run streak, but with blog posts!
- Begin and finish my novel.
- I’ve had this book idea in my head for ages and I’m finally starting to think that I can write it well! I want to have it finished by 2018.
And those are my goals! A few big ones but all together pretty do-able! What are some of your 2017 goals?