Here is an update, post-Christmas, of my spending log for this coming year:
FITNESS SPENDING LOG AS OF 12/29/16.
- New shoes, new sports bra, new running pants: $99.30
- My husband gave me a $100 gift card to Dicks Sporting Goods for Christmas and I thought that I would be including it in this spending log. I didn’t actively go out of my way to buy new things, but I will be using these gifts in the coming year and I thought I should add it to my total.
- Race fee: $265.50
- This may seem like a large number to you, but it is for 4 races. This is the fee for the four seasons challenge that runs near my home town and includes 3 1/2 marathons (January 7th, April 29th, & July 15) and 1 full marathon (September 17th). All in all it evens out to ~66.50 per race. Typical 1/2’s have costed me somewhere between 60-90 dollars each and full’s are typically ~100 dollars.
- I chose to do this challenge not only for the financial benefits, but because I’m hoping that the challenge will keep me motivated to keep running/ in shape for the full year.
- New shoes: $55.15
- My old shoes that I used back in April have been giving me some extreme shin pain and so I decided to invest in a new pair of running shoes. The hoka one one’s have been recommended for heavier runners because they’re so cushioned and I’m hoping they will be comfortable for me.
Total spent: $419.95
So it’s not even the first of the year and I’ve spent $420. I think that it’s alright though, because I’ll be using most of these things throughout the entire year.
My first 1/2 marathon for the year is in 9 days and I’m nowhere near ready, but I’m going to do my best with it.
What do you think that you typically spend in a year on fitness apparel, races, programs, ect.?